By Norman S. Currey
This is often the one booklet to be had this present day that covers army and advertisement plane touchdown apparatus layout. it's a finished textual content that would lead scholars and engineers from the preliminary suggestions of touchdown equipment layout via ultimate aspect layout. The booklet offers an essential hyperlink in touchdown apparatus layout expertise from old practices to fashionable layout traits, and it considers the required airfield interface with touchdown equipment layout. The textual content is sponsored up via calculations, standards, references, operating examples.
Read or Download Aircraft Landing Gear Design: Principles and Practices (AIAA Education Series) PDF
Similar aerospace books
Книга Schiffer army background: Fieseler Fi 156 Storch Schiffer army heritage: Fieseler Fi 156 Storch Книги Вооружение Автор: Heinz J. Nowarra Год издания: 1997 Формат: pdf Издат. :Schiffer Publishing Страниц: fifty two Размер: 29. forty-one ISBN: 076430299X Язык: Английский0 (голосов: zero) Оценка:A reprint of the German identify that defined the advance and heritage of the Fi 156 Storch.
Element & Scale Vol. 10: B-29 Superfortress (Part 1)
H-53 Sea Stallion In motion КНИГИ ;ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ H-53 Sea Stallion In motion (Aicraft quantity 174)ByChris ReedPublisher:Squadron/Signal courses Inc. 2000 52PagesISBN: 0897474171PDF15 MBThe strongest helicopter in provider with the united states army, the Sikorsky H-53 has served with contrast with the Marine Corps.
First released in 1995 as quantity four within the NASA "Monograph in Aerospace heritage" sequence. This learn includes images and illustrations.
- The Luftwaffe Profile Series: Number 3: Heinkel He 219 UHU (Schiffer Military/Aviation History)
- Arado Ar 240
- Orbital Mechanics and Astrodynamics: Techniques and Tools for Space Missions
- RAF Fighter Units: Europe 1942-1945 (Osprey Airwar 10)
- Space Shuttle Launch System 1972-2004 (New Vanguard, Volume 99)
- Saab Gripen (Aerofax)
Additional resources for Aircraft Landing Gear Design: Principles and Practices (AIAA Education Series)
After the low-rate retraction tests have been completed with doors operable, the tests are repeated at full power to verify that dynamic effects do not impair the correct functioning of the gears. Proof loading tests are often conducted before first flight, with simulated air loads applied to the gears and doors; with these loads applied, the gear is again cycled. Apart from checking the ability to operate properly under load, the gapping of doors is examined. Aerodynamic suction forces tend to pull the doors outward and, if this is severe enough, the air forces penetrate the inside surfaces of the doors and blow them off the aircraftmhence, the need to check gapping.
75 times the piston diameter, with the strut fully extended, and bearing stresses shall not exceed 6000 psi based on the limit load and uniform distribution. 25 times the piston diameter (USAF/USN). At the threads for the wheel bearing retainer nut, there shall be two cotter pin holes at 90 deg spacing. Use steel retaining nuts (USAF/USN). Provide adequate rebound snubbing as indicated in MIL-T-6053 and MIL-A-8629 (USAF/USN). Static inflation pressure shall not exceed 2500 psi and the gear shall be capable of satisfactory operation at all temperatures between - 6 5 and + 160°F and under all applicable load conditions (USAF/USN).
2) Integration of the kinetic energy added to the aircraft by the thrust of the aircraft's propulsion system during the stop. 3) Integration of the kinetic energy absorbed by the aircraft's aerodynamic drag, including propeller drag (if applicable) during stopping. 4) Integration of the kinetic energy absorbed by any auxiliary deceleration devices (such as reverse thrust or drag chute) during the stop. 5) Integration of the kinetic energy to be absorbed by the wheel brakes during the stop. 6) Effect of wing lift in reducing wheel load, thereby reducing brake torque capability.